Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Tofu Scampi

I saw a commercial for Red Lobster and they showed shrimp scampi. Me being a person who always thinks about food, I had to recreate a vegan scampi!! I used tofu as the shrimp; I cut the tofu into small triangles. I then fried the tofu. Then I prepared the scampi sauce which was garlic, white wine, lemon, parsley, Earth Balance and of course salt and pepper. The tofu soaked up the sauce so well. It was so tasty! Here's the recipe below!

1 pound of tofu, drained and pressed, cut into triangles
1 cup dry white wine ( I use Ariel Wine)
2-3 Tablespoons of fresh Parsley
6 garlic Cloves chopped
2 tablespoons of Earth Balance
Juice of 2 lemon or to taste
3/4 cup Vegetable Broth (if serving with pasta)
Salt and Pepper to taste
2 tablespoons of Olive Oil
Lemon Wedges to serve

Drain and Press the tofu. Cut the tofu into small triangles.
Preheat a Large Skillet to medium high heat. Add the oil. Then add the tofu and fry until nice and golden on both sides. Transfer the tofu to a plate. Using the same skillet prepare the sauce. Add some more olive oil if needed. Saute the garlic for 30 seconds. Add the white wine and lemon. Reduce the sauce for 2 minutes or so. Add the parsley, salt, and pepper. Then add the fried tofu. Then Add the Earth Balance. Simmer for about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and serve.
I served my scampi over rice, and with a side of spinach.








Labels:

2 Comments:

At May 14, 2008 at 9:56 PM , Blogger Picks Over Peas said...

looks amazingly delicious. so innovataive!

 
At May 16, 2008 at 5:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very creative!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home