Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Chile Cornmeal Crusted Tofu

I take a cooking class in school. Today I had to cook in class for my class to taste. My teacher wanted me to cook tofu! I was very excited! No one ever tried tofu in my class. I chose the perfect tofu recipe to introduce people to tofu! It is the Chile Cornmeal Crusted Tofu from V'con. I served it in school with the Messy Rice and the Green Pumpkin-Seed Mole from V'con. I had under 4o minutes to cook in school. I had to rush a little. I manged to do everything but I cut my hand on the zester, it was some weird zester. That didn't stop me, I still kept going! Everyone in my class tasted the tofu. They were amazed. They all loved it. I got compliments like that "That was divine", "I never knew tofu was so good". My teacher liked it too. She was very excited to have tofu because she never had it. One kid in my class borrowed my V'con. He liked the cookbook alot! I was so happy they all liked it. I wish I had some time to fry some more, but I ran out, so I just brought some home with me and ate it again today. At home I served it with plain rice, spinach and the green-pumpkin seed mole sauce.




3 Comments:

At May 15, 2008 at 10:59 PM , Blogger x said...

Yum! This looks delicious, Jay, and I love the presentation too. I think I might try making this v.soon!

 
At September 11, 2008 at 5:58 PM , Blogger jess (of Get Sconed!) said...

This entry really makes me smile. I love your blog!

 
At September 19, 2008 at 9:48 PM , Blogger mustardseed said...

You rock, Vegan Jay!

I'm 15 too, from Singapore, and I think you're awesome.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home